Affinity Diabetes Care
Our Diabetes Educators are fully prepared to walk you through a training program to help you understand your Diabetes and how to manage it. The program consists of two appointments followed by a 3-day group training session.
Affinity Nutrition and Diabetes Care
Please call the office today at (318) 807-1500 to schedule an appointment or visit us at 920 Oliver Road, Monroe, LA 71201.
Assessment may include one or more of the following:
- Blood glucose monitoring skills
- Recognition of hyperglycemia/hypoglycemia symptoms and treatment
- Medication usage and safety
- Referral to Registered Dietician (RD)
- HbgA1C and lipid panel lab test
- Establishing goals for lyfestyle changes
- Individual follow-up on lifestyle changes to meet goals
- Review of blood glucose by diabetes educator
- Diabetic Foot Exam with monofilament
- Schedule class group or reschedule for individual follow-up if additional help is needed
4-Day Group Training
After completion of training, a comprehensive self-management follow-up is scheduled to:
- Check progress of goals
- Resolve barriers to changing lifestyle
- Obtain HbgA1C & lipid panel lab test*
*Please note that any blood testing done at this location will be for educational and informational purposes only. The lab here does not replace what you are having done at your primary care provider office.
- Diabetes education
- Insulin pump initiation
- Insulin pump upgrades and conversions
- Nutritional Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation
- Routine Diabetic Foot Care including toenail, callous, and corn care
- Annual Diabetic Foot Exam including screening for eligibility of diabetic shoes and inserts
- Healthy cooking demonstrations in our kitchen
- Participate in grocery store tours with a Registered Dietitian
One-on-one sessions are taught by an RN, Diabetes Educator, and/or Registered Dietitian.
Meet the Staff